I started a new small project. I am calling it bbps (Bread Board Power Supply). I realize there are quite a few of these out there already. They are all missing one thing that would be a REALLY nice feature. USB data line pass-through. Maybe it is because I am mostly interested in making PC peripherals but I am somewhat surprised that there is nothing out there already that has the feature set I am looking for. A good potion of this design is straight from my loststone project.
Features I am looking for in a breadboard power supply…
- Independently selectable 3.3V and 5V for two power bars.
- Optional shutdown a single power bar.
- Provide power from both a wall wart or a USB connection.
- ESD protection. (I think I went a bit over board on this front)
- USB data line pass-through
- Stable. Don’t want it flopping around.
I have place the OSHPark order and will be placing the Mouser order shortly