I started this small project because out of all of the similar type products out there not one has USB data line pass-through. Maybe it is because I am mostly interested in making PC peripherals but I am somewhat surprised that there is nothing out there already that has the feature set I am looking for.
Features I am looking for in a breadboard power supply…
- Independently selectable 3.3V and 5V for two power bars.
- Optional shutdown of a single power bar.
- Provide power from both a wall wart or a USB connection.
- ESD protection. (I think I went a bit over board on this front)
- USB data line pass-through
- Stable. Won’t floop around.
A good potion of this design is straight from my loststone project.
Mark I in action
All data files can be found on my github page . Including DipTrace Schematic, PCB layout, Component paters and libraries. Note I did use DripTrace 22.214.171.124 Beta for this project. You can also find any 3D files I used for the board outline and rendering. There are also quite a few images and a few other files.
The bill of materials can be found on mouser.com under access code f5fcc4048c